Young Adult Creative Writing Workshops (YACWW)

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Anyone Understand Russian?

Sorry it's been so quiet in here. Sasha and I got caught up with the holidays and other things. I can't believe how fast 2007 is coming up. I need to start thinking about Christmas cards! I am so not ready for that.

I learned this through the scbwi loop I belong to. These are links to two Russian sites that depict illustrations of children books. They're quite beautiful and worth a look. Check out this blog on old soviet era children's books or this one on children's book illustrations. I can't read Russian but it was fun looking at the pictures. I did get a bit of suprise at the second site when I scrolled down and realized I could read what the zebra was saying on the page--that's because it was in Italian. What the Italian book is doing mixed in with the Russian will require a translator. ;-)

Cheers--Patrizia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home